- Soak small amount of seeds or grains in filtered water; overnight is good, especially for the larger ones
otherwise a few hours is fine.
- Rinse a couple of times, drain. You want them damp but not sitting in water.
- Cover and keep on bench; colanders and sieves over bowl are good for this. Rinse morning and night - might
need more over summer. Small seeds need a couple of days to grow ‘tails’ larger ones like chick peas and
udzuki a day or so longer.
- When grown how you like them, keep in fridge to slow growth. Don’t forget to rinse daily. Use in 3 - 4 days.
- Choose sprouting seeds from sources that are not heat-treated (pasteurisation kills enzymes) otherwise they
will not sprout but rot instead L nb - soaking but no tails (yet) is still considered a ‘sprout’, that is, the enzymes
have been activated.